Holy crap, Internet. It’s been a hot second. The only reason I have time to write right now is because Grayson is taking a nap, but these days, that could mean I only have 30 minutes or so of quiet.
He’s been sick the past few days with croup, but I think he’s finally starting to feel a little better. I’m hoping I can get him back on some sort of schedule, because I need that for my own sanity. This whole “willy-nilly, no-naps, 6am-to-7pm” thing is tiring me out!
Anyway. Um, bullets?
- I’m still trying to find my place in the Mom’s group, but I’ve met a smaller group of moms that are close in age, and whose babies are close to Grayson’s age, so that seems to be working.
- Grayson’s first birthday came and went with no teeth coming through. Now though, he has about 10, and he’s drooling like crazy, which makes me think there are more on the way in the next few weeks.
- Once again I’ve watched my friendships change/slip away. Will this continue as I get older? When I’m 30 will I talk to anyone from high school? I’m thankful for my new friends in Mom’s Club, but I need to meet some people that challenge me in some way, that I can get excited about seeing. My hope is that it comes in the form of a new job prospect, but I don’t want to count chickens, etc.
- I’ve tried my hand at a few new recipes over the past few weeks, and I’m pretty proud of myself. The list includes pot roast, beef stew and blackberry cobbler, to name a few, and I’m looking forward to using my Crock-Pot more as the weather (FINALLY) starts to get chilly again.
- I’m going to try and ease my way back into this blog. I was (am) feeling stuck, like I had nothing to write about. No promises, though. I started this blog as a place to write whatever I was feeling, but with the Internet at everyone’s fingertips, I’m still concerned about being judged for things I think and feel. I just don’t want what I write to come back and bite me in the ass is all.